The existence of chatbots has been increasing rapidly these past few years, especially in e-commerce. According to a source, it is predicted that by 2025, chatbots will take control of more than 95% of customer interactions in the e-commerce industry. As an example, Facebook is said to be responsible for 85% of the orders that come from social media platforms. Facebook Messenger itself currently has over 100,000 chatbots on the platform.
So, what value do chatbots give to the e-commerce industry?
- Decrease the Cost of Human Resources
- Unlike a live agent that can only respond to one person at a time, chatbots can handle multiple inquiries at the same time. This means that there is no need for a big group of customer support teams, which helps you cut down your operational expenses.
- Offer Quick Responses
- As we see, customers’ behavior currently demands things to be quick and instant. with a chatbot that is available 24/7, customers can instantly get the answer to their general questions or at least get a response from your shop.
- Collect Customer’s Information
- One of the uses of chatbots in this industry is to collect information. When your chatbot interacts with your customers, it is able to keep your customer’s data which in the future can be used to make a personalized marketing campaign for them. not only your customers’ data, but it can also collect reviews and feedback from customers to help you improve your products and services.
Why chatbot is a must:
The increase in shopping through a messaging application
According to Sellbrite as of 2017, people are using messaging apps more compared to social networking apps. Not only to chat, but people are also using those messaging platforms to contact their favorite shops and purchase things through messaging. As mentioned above, chatbots are available 24/7 and offer quick responses which help your customers to be engaged and more likely to shop. On average, users are willing to spend more than $55 on purchases made with chatbots.
Sooner or later, Chatbots will dominate the customer service part of most industries. With the benefits it offers, it is not surprising that more people are adopting this technology. Aside from having a well-responsive chatbot, it also has to be able to integrate with several platforms.
The more channels that your chatbot is available in, the higher the chances are for you to expand your customer base.
Learn more about Makebot’s multi-platform chatbot here.
Shopify: Ecommerce Chatbots: Everything You Need to Know About Using Chatbots to Grow Your Online Business
Varfix: Why Chatbots are the Future of E-Commerce Business?